Tuesday, July 30, 2013

New player collections...

I always hate adding more things to collect, especially when I've already undertaken such a huge project, but I occasionally find some reason or another to add a player or set. My first player that I chased/am chasing was from my home town, after that it was my first player's nephew who had a much more successful playing career. Once I graduated high school, I noticed that one of my fellow JV teammates had been drafted by the Marlins. Just this year, my Twins(no less!) drafted our JV coaches son in the first round. He may not have cards yet, but you can rest assured I'll be collecting his stuff as soon as Draft Picks and Prospects(most likely) gets released. I quickly went from having a team to collect, to four players and a team! Now that I'm almost finished with college, I'm debating whether or not to add the players from my college - and there's a few...


Dave Owen
Steve Foster
John Lackey
Daniel Ortmeier
Ryan Roberts
Mark Lowe
Hunter Pence
Adam Moore
Dillon Gee
(source: bbref)

As well as a dearth of minor league talent that never made(or has yet to make) a major league roster. Where do you draw the line and decide whether this'll add fun to your collecting, or whether this is just more junkwax littering your hobby room? I'll let you know when I find the answer...

No comments:

Post a Comment