Thursday, August 29, 2013

1991 Upper Deck hi-series double box break

I picked up two boxes of 1991 Upper Deck hi-series for cheap, because why not? I've never opened this before, so it was a fun ripping.
Highlights:


Shinies!
Breakdown:
9 AL, 10 Yankees, 1 Indians, 8(!) Twins.
8 NL, 3 Cardinals, 5 Expos, 3 Braves, 3 Cubs, 1 Reds, 1 Phillies, 1 Pirates, 3 Astros headed Swlvguy's way, 4 Mets, 5 Giants, 4 Dodgers
Ignore the doofus with the purple shorts.
Funny story on the Aaron holograms, I got skunked on my first box, then pulled three in my second box. #90sCollation...




I was expecting there to be a ton of pre-high series cards and only a few 700+ cards. Just the way current sets have conditioned me, but I was pleasantly surprised to have equal sized stacks of pre-700 and cards between 700-800 ("hi-series"). Not pictured, I pulled both variations of the Rickey Henderson/Lou Brock "939" base, with and without date.






Huge stack of Twins to sort, resort, and triple check; as well as some "key" rookies. Cheepar being the highlight at ~2$, the rest under .50 cents.

Pulled a complete set and a half of Hank Aaron's Baseball Heroes inserts, two Nolan Ryan/Rickey Henderson SP2s. Much like the Aaron Heroes of Baseball, the two Ryan/Henderson's came from the second box.




No comments:

Post a Comment