Saturday, September 7, 2013

91 UD Hologram Identification Guide

The normal '91 Upper Deck has the company name repeated several times horizontally, and if viewed from a different angle, '91's. This is the most common and easiest to spot. The others when viewed look smudged, and this is the best indicator you have a variant. 1990's design was the most common, and again the photo is blurry, but it features a repeated pattern of baseball's(which you can kind of make out the stitches and ball shape) and if viewed at a different angle, a very tiny pattern of '90's. This was the most common, and the easiest to differentiate. Upper Deck's 1990-91 Hockey features another pattern of '90's(however bigger and more noticeable than 1990 baseball) and crossed hockey sticks. It is also the second most common design that I found. 1992's design is the next most distinct, with a diamond shape and '1992' visible, however as the previous post stated, this was one of the rarest, I only found two in roughly 10,000 cards that I sorted.  The rarest of them all was the Comic Ball 1 design, and I'm not even positive it's not just an error edition of the NHL release. In all the cards I checked, I only found one! ...and a Twins card at that! Score....err Upper Deck.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you! This is the best scan of the different holograms that I've found online.

    ReplyDelete